My name is Alden E. Gibson, and I am the lead inspector of Inspections by Gibson.
My years of experience as an Exclusive Custom Home Builder and Renovator have given me the background that is essential to perform a quality home inspection. Knowing that you cannot just switch hats and call yourself a home inspector, I researched the industry for educational courses. In 1992 I successfully completed The Inspection Training Associates Course in Property Inspection. This course consisted of 100 hours of classroom & field training.
After learning the proper procedure and techniques of the profession, and meeting all the criteria involved, I achieved Registered Home Inspector (RHI) status as well as full membership with The Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI) and The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
In January 1996 I left The Home Inspector to form my own company. With my in-home office I can reduce costs and offer a higher degree of service to my customers.
At a glance…
- Recipient of Philip C. Monahon Award (2016) Highest Award from ASHI
- ASHI Past President 2016
- ASHI President 2015
- Recipient of President’s Award (2002) from OAHI
- Served on Board of Directors of OAHI 1997-2002
- Vice-president of OAHI 2001-2002
- Treasurer & Vice-President of OAHI 2000-2001
- Qualified Facilitator of Ontario Building Code and Defect Recognition Courses
- Guest speaker National Conference-CAHPI
- IAQ — Visual Indoor Air Quality Inspections are also available. Are you living in a sick house?
- Instructor of Home Inspection course at Conestoga College
Watch Alden Gibson talk about: Home Inspectors and Real Estate Agents